Expanding Logistics Across Africa: World Courier to Launch New Site in Kenya
By World Courier |
Given the opportunities for healthcare in the region, World Courier is pleased to announce that its first office in Nairobi, Kenya will be opening on the 1st of October 2020. With over twenty years of experience in the African continent and 18,000+ shipments across the territory in 2019, World Courier Kenya will enable better supply chains, extend healthcare solutions, and aspire to be a thought leader for eastern Africa’s healthcare logistics industry.
The Challenges in AfricaRising temperatures, minimal rainfall, a significant lack of infrastructure (roads, cargo facilities, and internet), unreliable power, and data monitoring – are some of the reasons why healthcare logistics providers find it challenging to conduct clinical trials in Africa.
Although these challenges can be complex, World Courier has the experience and network to mitigate these issues wherever possible. We transport and store time-and temperature-sensitive products — executing processes that mitigate risk while also maximizing the return on R&D developments. Currently, we have four offices and a depot in Johannesburg, South Africa.
"Given East Africa’s strategic importance to World Courier, opening an office in Nairobi was the clear choice as expand our operations into adjacent markets."
“Given East Africa’s strategic importance to World Courier, opening an office in Nairobi was the clear choice as expand our operations into adjacent markets.”, said Remo Hanselmann.
“Opening the Kenya base has been four years in the making. We finally got approval in 2019, and since then we’ve been getting everything ready – moving into our premises and making sure the team was able to immediately get started.”
World Courier in Kenya: How Customers Will Benefit
- Strategic location close to Nairobi airport to ensure rapid turnarounds.
- Local office set up means local evidence-based decision making with an eye on quality.
- Quick turnaround on inquiries in Africa with dedicated staff, close and frequent communication.
- Opportunity for customers to pay in local currency.
- Fully-fledged GxP Compliant facility with Fridge and Freezer storage capacity for packaging.
- The full portfolio of World Courier Services is managed with locally trained staff/contacts.
- Audit and SOP verified compliance supported by Global Network.
With a presence in 50+ countries, through more than 100 owned offices as well as 22 strategically located depots, World Courier is driven by a commitment to excellence and provides customized solutions with global reach to increase access to care; making us the most trusted specialty logistics company in the world.