World Courier pioneered the development of an advanced technology to streamline the management of clinical trial logistics. Unparalleled within the industry, World Courier’s cutting edge technological innovations provide you with logistical tools to effectively manage your study – from the pre-trial phase right through to your last shipment.
Our most recent advance is a sophisticated data management system known as Bio-STARSM which takes clinical trial logistics management to an entirely new level.
With Bio-STARSM, World Courier can proactively anticipate and prevent costly transportation problems that are often unavoidable when conducting studies.
Bio-STARSM allows us to:
- Ensure that proper permits, site instructions and supplies are in place before the study begins.
- Coordinate site logistics to minimize transit time from draw to assay.
- Effectively manage changes in protocol and site information during the course of the study
- Provide customers and our staff with real-time access to protocol- and site-specific details.
- Supply customers with a variety of automatic email alerts.
- Create protocol-specific shipping instructions in any language.
Bio-STARSM ensures the right information is always in the right place at the right time.
Once a shipment has been picked up from a clinical site, you can receive automatic email notification containing complete flight details and the expected delivery time. Auto-Alert can also be programmed to provide instantaneous delivery notification including the time/date of delivery and the name of the individual who signed for the shipment. Regular email updates allow you to check delivery times against laboratory results while providing you with an excellent tool to measure our service performance.
Using a secure intranet system that links World Courier offices worldwide, you will know exactly where your shipment is throughout transit. By logging onto the tracking feature on our homepage, you can instantly review the transit status of any shipment by protocol number, account number, waybill number, origin, destination, or pick-up date. Once delivered, our tracking system confirms the time of delivery and the name of the individual who signed for the shipment.